12 March 2011

Japan. :(

I have been keeping a dream journal lately as a part of an extra credit exercise for a class. Normally, first thing I do when I wake up is grab my iTouch and tap out a note describing what I can remember from my dream. This morning, I did not do that. This morning, the first thing I did was turn on the TV.

Normally I don't watch TV, but my mother sent me a text message that Japan was hit by an earthquake and tsunami, and that overrode everything. Even being upset at not being able to sleep in on the first day of my Spring Break.

I woke up Boyfriend with the same message my mom sent me. We were both up and watching the progress on news stations and websites pretty much instantly. We kept texting back and forth to collect facts. He said We should help. I said Absolutely.

So now I'm trying to see if I can help organize an effort with one of the bigger aid distributors to see what we can do to help. Collecting food, clothes, and money all seem to be the priorities. I'm going get Aikido Club and maybe the Japanese Club also involved in this effort, and hopefully by the time we get back to school next Monday, we have some sort of strategy for this aid effort.

2 comments:

  1. My ex-roommate woke me up with the news via text too. It's becoming a bit of a problem, because whenever he's woken me up with "Turn on the TV" something bad is waiting for me.
    Thanks for doing what you can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got clothes and a few canned foods to contribute. Let me know when we're collecting and where =)

    ReplyDelete