17 March 2011

Denver, Thesis, and Japan.

So, I've come to the conclusion that I won't be going to Denver. I'm trying to force it to happen, and I still have 6 more schools to hear back from. I don't want to limit my options just for a summer program that I can't even get a loan for. (Basically, no creditor in their right mind will lend me money for an educational program that's not a school loan.) :/ UCF still seems like my best bet, but I still haven't heard from a lot of other schools in Florida. So I'll wait and see what happens.

Thesis work is slow-going, and its not really going the way I thought it would go... but I'm glad its progressing. I haven't gotten nearly as much done as I wanted over Spring Break.

And basically because Japan has no idea what's going on, I'm not sure how I'm going to be able to help. I'm going to hold off on plans until I can figure more out. I just feel so bad for them right now. It's really bad over there. :(

2 comments:

  1. As utterly boring as it sounds, I think that at least for the time being giving money to a large charity that has the logistics and means to quickly move supplies and people to where needed, such as the Red Cross, is the best way to go at present.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that's what I seem to see also. :/ Forever21.com is also donating 100% of sales bought today to Japan.... so I did a little online shopping for a good cause.

    ReplyDelete