09 January 2011

Admissions List is Finalized!

So this is the final cut:
This is it. Thirteen universities. Five states. One publishing institute, and the rest are MFA programs. If I do not get accepted (with a full ride) to at least one of these programs, I am going to cry. Briefly. And then I'll apply for real jobs (I've heard the government is looking for writers...) and try again for academia next year. :)

I'm not 100% done with admissions... I still need to request some transcripts and GRE scores and send some of my portfolios away... I also have to put together a massive portfolio for SCAD, which is going to be interesting, but all-in-all, I'm happy with my final list. Iowa and Texas-Austin aren't on the list, which is really just because I didn't get anything productive done over winter break, but there's nothing I can do about those two but wait until next year, if at all.

It seems like loud drunkards partying in my apartment complex have finally quieted down. Time to get some sleep. :) More work in the morning. (Or afternoon.)

4 comments:

  1. I feel a little better about my list of 7 now that I saw your 13. Best of luck to you!! I apply next year and I'm really nervous for the GRE and the whole process. The only thing I'm not too worried about is the writing. I hope I write good quality, but I'm just not worried. That's probably a bad thing.

    Anyway, good luck!! Hope you get in somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roxie, it's great that you're not worried about your own writing! That means that your confident enough in it. :) Its great that you have your schools picked out already, that saves a lot of stress and gives you plenty of time to get your stuff together. The GRE isn't too bad, just take it with plenty of time to retake it again just in case you have a bad run. Study the handout ETS gives you for the math and you'll do fine... the vocab section is a bit ridiculous, so if you can, really go over a lot of obscure vocab words and you should do just fine. :) The analytical writing section is all sorts of cake. No worries. :)

    And thanks for the luck! I'll need it! I applied to so many schools just to cast a wide net.. I'm parinoid I won't get in, so this way I figure someone has to let me in... :) -fingers crossed-

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find it ammusing that we applied to the same number of schools :P

    Good luck and make sure to keep me posted <3

    ReplyDelete