06 October 2011

Clearly, I must be a masochist.

Guess who just signed up for NaNoWriMo?

Yup. On top of everything else I have to do, I'm going to try an write an extra 50K words within the month of November. That works out to be about 5 pages a day, which really isn't half bad. That's manageable. So I'm going to try it.

Focus is less on quality and more on quantity, so this should really get me to write like madwoman. The thought makes me cringe at first, but I really think it is going to be just what I need to get the kick in the butt to write a lot on a regular basis. And then when I'm done, I'll have plenty of time over winter break to craft it into something that's not complete and total crap. Huzzah!

I suggest you sign up, too! Find me as a Writing Buddy! I'm signed in as Elle Solace.

1 comment:

  1. I am interested in participating. I have heard a lot about this, "liked" the page and have never had the guts to participate. Mainly because I have already started a novel by then and don't necessarily want to start a new one. Hahaha. If I didn't though, it is kind of cheating.

    I may take the challenge to write 5 pages a day, though, for the whole of the month. Maybe I shall consider myself a "spirit participator". =]

    Good luck! (Though, I am sure you will do fine.)

    ReplyDelete