07 August 2011

I've been ignoring my muse all summer.

Shame on me.

Well hello everyone, I hope you've been doing well, and you haven't totally forgotten about me.

Over this summer, I didn't write. My ZAT training for the summer? Didn't do that, either. (And guess who's bridesmaid dress now doesn't fit? I have 2 months to lose ~10+ lbs, this is going to be fun.)

I start my MFA in Creative Writing in two weeks. I didn't read any of the recommended background material. I've done my training for my GTA positions, and I did my paperwork to be hired. (Apparently I get keys to the mailroom and an office.)

But what else is there? I worked. It helped me pay my bills, at the expense of doing everything else I wanted to do. I haven't been to an aikido class in months.

For two consecutive weekends, I went to weddings. On the third weekend, a funeral. Emotionally exhausting.

Friendships have been rekindled; others, not so much.

I realize I'm being vague, and I apologize for that. Hopefully once I get into the swing of school, I'll have more updates about more interesting things. But until then, you'll have to bear with this inadequate meandering post.

Thanks for your patience. Give me a week or two.

2 comments:

  1. Busy summer! I do the same thing, rush around and don't do what I think I'm supposed to and get caught up in many other things and feel not so great about it. But then I relax, and take a breath, and tell myself that this is life and I need to just enjoy it.
    I look forward to your week or two post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Aimee! :) And that breath and relaxing is definitely a great way to go abut it. :) Hopefully I'll be updating this weekly now.

    ReplyDelete